National Digital Car Seat Check Form
Use a mobile app or a tablet device to collect data at car seat check events. Then, use the data to monitor trends and highlight issues encountered in the field. This is your guide to using the digital tool.
The CPS Express is an e-newsletter that is sent to all certified technicians on the first Monday of every other month. Each edition includes tips for recertification and updates from the field.
CPS Week, Recalls and other Traffic Safety Campaigns
- NHTSA marketing materials
- NHTSA offers a subscription service to receive notification when materials are available for traffic safety campaigns. To subscribe, complete this form.
- NHTSA Communications Calendar
- NHTSA maintains a list of child car seat inspection stations organized by state or zip code.
- Find car seat recalls
Safe Kids CPST Certification and Recertification
- The certification and recertification processes are outlined in detail in the Policies and Procedures Manual
- Safe Kids CPS Customer Service may be reached at 877-366-8154 (9 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET weekdays) or via email
- Get information and/or applications to become a Technician Proxy or Instructor
- The Child Passenger Safety Technician Guide is available electronically
- Child Passenger Safety Technician Certification Training Program Instructor materials are available through Safe Kids Certification
- Child Passenger Safety Technician Certification Renewal Course Instructor materials are available for Child Passenger Safety Technician Instructors through Safe Kids Certification
- Online continuing education unit (CEU) opportunities are found at:
CPS Board Resources
- Visit cpsboard.org for Technician, Instructor and Team of the Year award nomination forms and CPS Board Applications
- Visit the cpsboard.org Resource Center:
- Current topics include CPS Resources in Other Vehicles, Car Seat Info in English and Other Languages, Special Needs and Cultural Competency and Health Literacy.