Role of a State Coordinator
Just as great leaders connect the dots, great state coordinators connect people with goods and services. The job of a State Child Passenger Safety Coordinator is to wear many hats.
- Connect the public with state child passenger safety resources, including trainings, child passenger safety technicians, inspection stations and low-cost/no-cost car seats
- Answer questions concerning state child occupant protection laws and best practices
- Support and mentor new child passenger safety technicians, proxies and instructors
- Provide updates to child passenger safety technicians on state activities
- Cultivate cooperative relationships to support state child passenger safety activities
- Update CPSTs on State CPS activities
- Share car safety seat recall information with CPSTs
- Provide updates on changes to state child occupant protection law and most recent best practices
- Provide State CPS community leaders with a list of CPS Technicians, Instructors and Technician Proxies as requested. Sharing of contact information should follow State guidelines
- Designated State CPS Coordinators will be provided direct access to the CPS Certification database. State CPS Coordinators are listed here on NHTSA’s website.