Catch Up on Demand
This is the place where CPS state coordinators can catch up on news and learn about ideas shared during meetings with members of the National Child Passenger Safety Board. Watch video recordings of these meetings and make plans to join us in the future. You’ve heard it said: Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. Our vision — like yours — is to save lives and prevent injuries by promoting child passenger safety through education, mentorship, engagement and innovation.
Heatstroke Prevention: Since 1998, nearly 900 kids have died of vehicular heatstroke because they were left or became trapped in a hot car. Members of the National Child Passenger Safety Board pulled together a coalition of safety advocates working to prevent these tragedies. They shared not only a commitment to bring about change but also free resources for child passenger safety program managers and child safety supporters to use in their own outreach efforts. The list included:
- Deona Bien (nurse and parent advocate)
- Laura Dunn and Elizabeth Nilsson (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
- Jan Null (NoHeatstroke.org)
- Amy Artuso (National Safety Council)
- Beth Warren (Safe Kids Worldwide)
- Amber Rollins (Kids and Car Safety)
- Joe Colella (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association)
- Sarah Haverstick (Goodbaby International)
Download: Share the PPT slides used in this presentation.