Car Seat Basics is a free online training that takes about 60 minutes to complete. Learn to keep children safe in cars as they grow by completing all or specific modules on rear-facing and forward-facing car seat use, as well as booster seat and seat belt use. Proof of completion will be provided after completion of all modules.
Suggested Uses for Car Seat Basics
- Awareness training for parents, caregivers, employees, etc.
- Prerequisite for car seat distribution programs
- Introductory training for people interesting in becoming a Child Passenger Safety Technician
- Organizational training for people transporting children
- Staff training for medical staff, fire/emergency medical services personnel, law enforcement personnel
You are required to create an account to take this course. After selecting launch this course below, scroll down to the bottom of the new popup page and click “Create an Account.”
- Enter your name, email address and password
- Add this referral code: CSB-Gen
- Names, email addresses and info. are collected for tracking purposes only – you will NOT receive follow-up emails; you will be asked to download your own course completion certificate
- Enter your email address and password
- The training will be on your dashboard
Note to Technicians: This introductory training does not qualify for child passenger safety CEUs.