When looking for answers, you go right to the source. Members of the National Child Passenger Safety Board reached out and instructors from across the country responded with tips intended to assist their colleagues. The following questions are answered in this YouTube video series:
- What is one tip that never fails to help your class run smoothly?
- How do you assist a student needing additional help?
- Do you prefer to teach-teach or solo-teach modules?
- How do you create a well-attended checkup event?
- What advice do you have for an active technician who wants to become an instructor?
- What qualities define a strong lead instructor?
- How do you introduce and/or explain testing alternatives?
- How do you manage the student who tries to help teach the course?
- How do you motivate the “voluntold” student?
Many thanks to the participating instructors: Lee Bailey, Jessica Butterfield, Kerry Chausmer, Daniel Dias, Norman Franklin, Vera Fullaway, Jenny Griffin, Carol Helminski, Tayna Hiday, Emily Lee, Corri Miller-Hobbs, Kathy Murphy, Kelly Murphy, Kellie O’Riordan, Clare Pfotenhauer, Carrie Rhodes, Zinnia Robinson, Jennifer Rubin, Bob Wall, Pat Zainc.