Trainings to boost your child passenger safety knowledge and skills are available for all levels of learners.
National Child Passenger Safety Technician Certification Training
This nationally standardized curriculum provides in-depth training on the proper use of car seats, booster seats, seat belts and vehicle safety systems. This is a fee-based training a. Successful completion results in national certification as a Child Passenger Safety Technician for two years. Starting in 2022, two offerings of the training – in-person and hybrid – will be available. A Renewal Testing Course is available for former CPSTs who are expired for less than one year (recommended).
- In-person offering: combines classroom instruction and hands-on activities in a classroom setting over a 3-4 day period. Find a Training Course Near You.
- Hybrid offering: training to include e-learning, virtual and in-person components.
- Renewal Testing Course: this training lasts one full day. Find a Renewal Testing Course Near You.
Enrichment trainings provide an in-depth review of a specific child passenger safety topic. Fees may be associated with enrichment trainings depending on the host organization. Proof of completion is provided upon successful completion of each training. The school bus training is open to the general public in addition to Child Passenger Safety Technicians.
- Instructor Development
- CPS Restraint Systems on School Buses
- Safe Travel for All Children: Transporting Children with Special Healthcare Needs: This is an enrichment course for child passenger safety technicians who are interested in learning more about special needs transportation. Find an Upcoming Course Near You.