Trainings to boost your child passenger safety knowledge and skills are available for all levels of learners.
General Education/Not CPST CEU Eligible
Free introductory trainings provide basic child passenger safety information to help keep children safe in and around vehicles through interactive online learnings. Proof of completion is provided upon successful completion of each training. All introductory trainings have been moved to the Child Passenger Safety Learning Portal.
Group Delivery Option: For organizations wanting to use these free resources as a training, we are able to set up a free group delivery of the Car Seat Basics and/or Children in Hot Cars e-learnings. Designated group admins are able to enroll students in the training, track their progress and run training completion reports. Contact [email protected] for more information.
National Child Passenger Safety Technician Certification Training
To Become a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician/Not CPST CEU Eligible
This nationally standardized curriculum provides in-depth training on the proper use of car seats, booster seats, seat belts and vehicle safety systems. This is a fee-based training. Successful completion results in national certification as a Child Passenger Safety Technician for two years. Starting in July 2022, two offerings of the training – in-person and hybrid – are available. A Renewal Testing Course is available for former CPSTs who are expired for less than one year (recommended).
- In-person offering: combines classroom instruction and hands-on activities in a classroom setting over a 3-4 day period. Find a Training Course Near You.
- Hybrid offering: includes self-paced e-learning, virtual and in-person components. Find a hybrid course in your area.
- Renewal Testing Course: consists of written quiz and skills evaluations delivered in one full day. Find a Renewal Testing Course Near You.
Child Passenger Safety Technician CEU Resources
CPST CEU Resources
Courses designed for Child Passenger Safety Technicians with technical content to satisfy recertification requirements. Get started here: CEU and Community Education Webinars.
CPST Endorsements (CEU Eligibility Will Be Noted By Course)
Enrichment trainings provide an in-depth review of specific child passenger safety topics. Fees may be associated with enrichment trainings depending on the host organization. Proof of completion is provided upon successful completion of each training.
- Instructor Development: This course provides information and activities to enhance the instructional and communication skills of Certified CPS Instructors and Instructor Candidates.
- Child Passenger Safety on School Buses National Training: This training provides an overview of the use of child safety restraint systems on school buses, with a focus on preschool-aged children and children with disabilities. Two versions of the school bus training are offered – one for Certified CPS Technicians and another for Pupil Transportation providers who not Certified CPS Technicians.
- Safe Travel for All Children: Transporting Children with Special Healthcare Needs: This is an enrichment course for Child Passenger Safety Technicians who are interested in learning more about special needs transportation. Find an Upcoming Course Near You.