Where to Begin
Read the manufacturer instructions for your car seat or booster seat, as well as for your vehicle
- Ensure you are installing your child safety seat correctly in the vehicle
- Ensure you are securing your child in the car seat, booster seat or seat belt correctly
How Much Does Your Child Weigh? How Tall is Your Child?
When choosing a car seat or booster seat, keep children in each phase of protection for as long as possible through the upper weight or height limits of your child safety seat
Meet with a Technician
- Parents and caregivers are encouraged to meet with a nationally certified child passenger safety (CPS) technician to learn how to correctly use car seats, booster seats and seat belts for all passengers in their vehicle
- Register your car seat or booster seat with the manufacturer
- This allows you to receive recall and safety notice information so your child can remain safe.
- You’ve taken steps to protect your family by making sure everyone is properly restrained. Now check to see if your vehicle has any open recalls.
- Takata recall spotlight: Tens of millions of vehicles with Takata air bags are under recall and pose a very serious threat to safety. Is your vehicle one of them?