Hybrid Curriculum: What’s new? Tammy Franks, secretariat of the National Child Passenger Safety Board, provides a development update. Beth Warren, certification advisor with Safe Kids Worldwide, addresses certification-related questions and concerns.
Then, you’re wondering: How can I use the Hybrid Curriculum in my state? Nick Maniaci (Wisconsin) and Mandi Seethaler (Alaska) speak to implementing the new course and what excites them most about offering a combination of online and in-person instruction for the next generation of CPS Technicians.
Get the Slides: Download and share the PPT slides used in this presentation.
Heatstroke Prevention: Since 1998, nearly 900 kids have died of vehicular heatstroke because they were left or became trapped in a hot car. Members of the National Child Passenger Safety Board pulled together a coalition of safety advocates working to prevent these tragedies. They shared not only a commitment to bring about change but also free resources for child passenger safety program managers and child safety supporters to use in their own outreach efforts. The list included:
- Deona Bien (nurse and parent advocate)
- Laura Dunn and Elizabeth Nilsson (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
- Jan Null (NoHeatstroke.org)
- Amy Artuso (National Safety Council)
- Beth Warren (Safe Kids Worldwide)
- Amber Rollins (Kids and Car Safety)
- Joe Colella (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association)
- Sarah Haverstick (Goodbaby International)
Download: Share the PPT slides used in this presentation.