The National Digital Check Form is an electronic car seat check form and data
collection platform. This free, optional resource is available to all currently certified Child Passenger
Safety Technicians, program managers and State CPS Coordinators as well as vehicle and
car seat manufacturers.
Use of the NDCF provides the opportunity to streamline data collection and reduce reporting
burdens. Immediate access to collected data provides the opportunity to monitor trends, track car
seat distribution, and accurately report car seat check activity throughout a given service area.
Benefits of the NDCF
- Streamlines seat check data collection
- Eliminates missing data fields
- Reduces efforts required to store, manage, and clean up paper forms
- Eliminates the need for paper check forms
- Provides links to the NHTSA website to check for car seat and vehicle recalls
- Check form data is available immediately. There is no delay in processing information
- Agencies have access to check form data entered by all technicians associated with the