Collect Data & Put it to Use
Nationally certified child passenger safety technicians and instructors can input data collected at car seat check events into a digital form and then use that data to monitor trends and highlight issues encountered in the field.
Data can be input using a mobile app or tablet device.
The form is intended to streamline the car seat check process and lead to additional advantages:
- Elimination of the paper trail that resulted from technicians keeping “paper archives”
- CPS organizations can access data immediately and use findings to assist in development of educational materials and fundraising efforts
- Car seat and vehicle manufacturers will be able to make use of data to identify gaps and make product improvements
The standardized form was developed by Tennessee Tech University iCube in an effort led by the National Safety Council and its partners, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah.
Guide to Using the Digital Tool
- From Creating an Account to Entering Data: How-To Guide
- Get Answers: Digital Check Form FAQs
- Learn how to use the National Digital Car Seat Check Form App
- Find additional information on the NDCF Video Playlist